[Trainer-talk] OCR software and scanning

Laine Amoureux laine.amoureux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 21:37:01 UTC 2013

Hello Bonnie,
I know I have one of the less popular perspectives, when it comes to
VR… But, in my opinion, if you do not pared the client with the most
effective tool, you're doing him or her a disservice.
I could give more detail, or more examples, but I think that says it all.
Personally, I use DocuScan plus.
I have the Canon Cano scan light scanner that came with the package I
purchased from Serotek 4 years ago.
Because doc you scan is not the type of program that you can open,
push one button, and get a result, the user must arrowed through a
list, and make a choice, then listen through some directions, locate a
button and give more commands… Once the document has been scanned, the
user must navigate to the bottom of the page, and then find command
buttons for save… It does not have the traditional menu structure, and
some people simply cannot figure it out, or are not comfortable with
that much navigation. I have also found that some employers, will not
install DoccuScan  because it is open source, can be downloaded from
the Internet, etc... And Would preferred installing something more
stable, and common, like open book.
If the tool meets the clients needs, it is worth it!
hTH

Sent from my iPhone