[Trainer-talk] OCR software and scanning

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Thu Feb 21 05:45:59 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone:

Realistically speaking, when it comes to scanning, nothing beats Abbyy
FineReader.  It is off-the-shelf, costs between $169 and $180, and is
accessible pretty much out of the box.

I used to scan a law book and I only spotted one minor error.  One could
scan into Word.  A trial copy can be downloaded from:

www.abbyy.com

If an off-the-shelf scanning software can do the job, I don't see why I
should purchase Kurzweil or OpenBook.  Abbyy FineReader can also save
scanned materials in .PDF format.

Just my two centimes on the subject matter!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado