[Trainer-talk] Question/Searching for Specific Items on Linkedin.com

David Goldfield disciple1211 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 7 16:28:17 UTC 2013

Hi.
Recently, Linkedin made some changes to improve the accessibility of
their Web site.  While some of the changes are good, one of the search
functions has changed and I'm wondering if any of you might know of a
workaround.
Previously, near the search edit box you used to see a combo box. This
combo box would allow you to specify that you wished to search for
things such as groups, jobs, companies, etc.  Therefore, if I'm looking
for a group with the word accessibility I could type the search term in
the edit box, enter the combo box and make sure that the "groups" item
is selected, which would ensure that I'm searching for the term in the
list of groups and not in the list of people or companies.
With Linkedin's newest changes, I no longer find such a combo box. There
is an edit box and a search button but no way to specify what type of
item I'm looking for.  Even if I go into the Groups section and perform
a search I find that many of the results are for individuals and not for
groups.  Is there a workaround for this problem so that I can easily
enter a search term and have it applied for just groups?