[Trainer-talk] kindle books

Laine Amoureux laine.amoureux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 19:58:24 UTC 2013

Bryan,
I think "easier" is a matter of preference.
Personally, if the book you are looking for has text to speech enabled, I
would put up with the quorks of the PC or IOS Kindle Apps. I would much
rather have access to my text now, rather than later.  if I can do that
without having to deal with the bureaucratic B.S. that I've experienced when
trying to get alternative formats from publishers all the better...
Others may say that they would rather try to deal with the publisher, rather
than fight with their technology... So, that call will be up to you.
The first thing I would recommend is to verify that the title has text to
speech enabled.
You can do this by going to the Kindle store, either through Amazon or
through the Kindle for PC with Accessibility Plug-in app.
Search for the title, and in the book details look for the phrase "text to
speech enabled" or "text to speech disabled."
This could make your decision for you. If text to speech is disabled you
will have to contact the publisher, or access a different source for text
books.
If the text to speech is disabled the Apps, whether PC or IOS will be
useless.
Good luck,
Laine