[Trainer-talk] journal program

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Wed May 22 06:39:50 UTC 2013

Hi Bridget,

I have two suggestions that I hope will work.
I am not sure how this software will work with jaws version 14 but, for what I was able to gather it is accessible with Jaws 9. I can not see why it would not be accessible with a new version. The software is called Advanced Diary. The software organizes by date but, the drawback that Jaws users face is the inability to use the find function to navigate between entries. This may have been fixed from previous versions. I'm sorry it is so far out of date but, it is the only journal software that I could think was close to accessible.
A second suggestion is to use notepad and type LOG at the start of the file. Typing LOG in caps will invert the date each time you wish to type an entry. I know you do not have separate files or a table to go by but, you can use the jaws find function.
A final idea that I used as a high school student was to create a folder and to have separate documents for each entry dated. This should be a last resort because I understand the desire to keep everything in one file.
I hope you find a solution. Please let me know what you come up with

Best,
Bridget Special Education Student Dominican College

Sent from my iPad