[Trainer-talk] Creating an Assistive Technology Program Web Site

Nusbaum, Christopher canusba at carrollk12.org
Tue Jul 8 18:23:55 UTC 2014

Hello All,

One of the tasks with which I have been charged during my internship with the AT Program of our school system is compiling information and resources which will later be housed on a Web site for our program. This Web site is to include such information as what AT is, how AT can benefit a student, examples of assistive technology, external resources, etc. I have already looked at similar Web sites for other school systems and have found them to contain good information. However, I fear that if we create a Web site as cluttered as some of the ones I have looked at, we may risk confusing those who we are trying to help. So, I am wondering if any of you have experience with creating such a Web site. What resources have you used? How can I best separate the information? Any other tips? Any and all help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Christopher A. (Chris) Nusbaum, Intern
Technology Services Department