[Trainer-talk] Opinions on Obtaining a Tablet

Nusbaum, Christopher canusba at carrollk12.org
Thu Jul 10 17:50:04 UTC 2014

Michelle,

Just curious: what, if anything, makes you not want to purchase an iPad? It may not come with MS Office per se, though there is an iOS app for Office which I have heard is improving its accessibility. I have not played with this app, however, so I can't offer any firsthand experience. However, Pages works very well with VoiceOver and can perform many of the actions of Microsoft Word. There are also other apps which serve as Office suite substitutes: Numbers for Excel, Keynote for PowerPoint, etc. With the iWork suite, which encompasses all these apps, now available for free with iOS 7, I would consider purchasing an iPad as my tablet of choice. What makes you want to lean toward the Windows 8 tablets?

Chris

Christopher A. (Chris) Nusbaum, Intern
Technology Services Department
Assistive Technology Program