[Trainer-talk] Opinions on Obtaining a Tablet

Dean Martineau dean at topdotenterprises.com
Thu Jul 10 18:18:34 UTC 2014

As much of an iOS fan as I am, I don't think that an iPad is equal to a
windows 8.1 Tablet running real Office.  But I don't think you will get a
lot of help from mailing lists on this; you really need to feel the tablets
before buying.  Some might have keyboard options with numeric keypads,
(though the JAWS laptop layout would be worth learning if you could talk
yourself into doing it.)  I would go to a Microsoft store, Samsung store  or
a Best Buy, even though you may not necessarily intend to buy from them,
just so you can have hands-onexperience.  You want to make sure that the
function keys serve as function keys, not as media keys, and that this
behavior can be changed if they don't.  Nowadays, this is usually possible.

In sum, the windows 8.1 tablets would far outperform your Pac Mate; you just
have to choose the one that is right for you.

Dean
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dean.martineau.7
Twitter: @deantopdot
Subscribe to the free weekly Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday at
http://www.flying-blind.com