[Trainer-talk] IOS & Square for Small Business owner

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. via Trainer-talk trainer-talk at nfbnet.org
Tue Jun 3 16:08:29 UTC 2014

Dear Ms. Amoureux:

Finding a point of sale system for a blind user is tricky at best.  There
are hardly any POS software out there that are truly accessible without some
heavyweight scripting done to them.

But, now that Quickbooks has or is being sripted for use with screen
readers, it might be the way to go.  I do not know if the point of sale
interface in Quickbooks is being scripted; one will have to contact My Blind
Spot to find out.

I don't know how well Squre® works with the IOS platform.  I intend to begin
playing with Square® in early July on the Android platform.

I am currently trying trying to have Cash Register Express, a point of sale
software that may hold some interesting promise, scripted for use with
Window-Eyes!  The stumbling block is finding a scripter whose price won't
break the bank.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado