[Trainer-talk] Apps I recommend

Scott Davert scott.davert at hknc.org
Wed Aug 19 12:30:21 UTC 2015

Hi nancy.
As far as I know, and I do not test VDR regularly since I have other, more braille friendly book reading options, this is still correct. As for the edit fields, sometimes the cursor doesn't show up, even though it's actually inputting the text from the braille display to the app. Always hit space with 3-6 and then begin writing. If nothing shows up, try pressing space with dot 4 and then dot 1, and if there was text successfully entered, it will then show up. Quite clunky, yes, but it will verify that you are successfully entering text. It is true though, that some apps are not braille user friendly, even though they work fine with speech.

Scott