[Trainer-talk] WindowEyes question

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:55:57 UTC 2015

I got an interesting surprise from a student yesterday.  He decided, out of
the blue, that rather than the screen reader he was using, he'd change over
to WindowEyes.  It was his first day back after having been gone a few
weeks. There are other issues with this student that I won't get into, and
once he makes up his mind about something, due to his condition, it's hard
to talk him out of something.

Anyway, we're beginning Excel training with him.  I have taught most of
Excel training with JAWS, so WindowEyes will be new.  Due to his surprising
me, I will now have to install it on a computer and have a crash course, as
we don't use it where I work/teach.

My initial question is this  .  Is there some sort of verbosity setting we
can use in WindowEyes to have it read rows and columns as he is filling out
spreadsheets?  I know you can do that with JAWS.  I am already beginning to
look up tutorials on this, but I was in a pinch and thought I could ask for
help.

Jim

Thanks,

Jim