[Trainer-talk] Further Excel guidance

Kerryann Ifill ksbf at caribsurf.com
Sun Mar 29 18:48:03 UTC 2015

Hi fellow trainers,

I'm taking a course in excel and also trying to help others navigate
successful with Jaws.
Could anyone answer any of the following questions?

1. When using conditional formatting is there a way to have jaws report more
than "has conditional formatting"? Can I actually get a description or some
kind of indicator when the formatting differs? In other words, if I mark
cells to have conditionally formatting if the values are negative, how can
jaws or window-eyes for that matter indicate that one cell is different from
the others?
2. In Excel, some negative numbers are indicated by being placed in
Parenthesis rather than having a dash.  Unless I adjust punctuation to say
"most" there is there no other way of letting jaws express the numbers as
being negative?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards
Kerryann Ifill