[Trainer-Talk] iPhone, Outlook.com ail and Windows Live Mail?

Misty Williams misty.williams at tampalighthouse.org
Tue Apr 12 21:21:12 UTC 2016

Try these steps on the iPhone:

1. Launch the Settings App. Under Settings, tap on "Mail, Contacts,
Calendar".
2. Delete the Windows Live Account and start fresh.
3.  Then tap on "Add Account".
3. Tap on "Microsoft Exchange" to configure ActiveSync.
4. Enter your full Windows Live email address. Enter your password. Enter a
description if you wish. **note you do not need to add the server info for
an Exchange, which prevents errors**
5. Then tap on the Next button.
6. You should now see it listed in the mail accounts. Select that account.
Make sure to turn the sync on for Mail- usually all other options are
already selected.

Now test from the computer and the iphone.
In my test, I deleted from the iphone and it immediately disappeared on the
computer, but when I deleted from the computer, I had to pull down the
screen to refresh it (on the iPhone) before it disappeared into Deleted Mail
as it should have.

Now, if you are still having issues, the problem could be the setup on the
computer. There is a "leave messages on server" checkbox with 2 other
options that cause issues sometimes, but my guess is that recreating the
account using exchange in the iphone instead of a different type of set-up
should help. Please let me know how it goes!