[Trainer-Talk] large mouse pointers

Julie Adkins assistivetechtrainer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 01:40:47 UTC 2016

I want to recommend these large mouse pointers.  They are good for consumers
who do not quite need Zoomtext.  I also combine them with Guide, since it
still does not have a large mouse pointer.  They are very inexpensive and
work great.  In all my years of searching for large mouse pointers, these
are the only ones I have found that work consistently.  You do have to wait
for the company to email the file to you.  Once you unzip the file (when it
has been emailed to you), you may have to go into the mouse schemes in
Windows and browse to find it (like one of the files/schemes is called Big
Red).  By the way, in Windows 10, this is located in Devices, then Mouse and
Touchpad, then Additional Mouse Options, and then I had to use Alt plus Tab
to bring up the actual window and go to the Pointers tab.  I had a hard time
finding it! It did not work to type in Mouse, or Mouse Pointer, or Change
mouse pointer, etc.  I mean nothing I typed in the search field (when I hit
the Windows key) took me directly to the Mouse Properties dialog.

http://www.22point.com.au/cursors.html

Julie Adkins

Assistive Technology Trainer