[Trainer-Talk] Braille displays and Jaws

Barbara Johnson xchange45 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 21:34:05 UTC 2016

I like the HIMS BrailleEdge 40 for ease of use, but Freedom Scientific has
balked at making it fully compatible with JAWS.  The two companies report
that they are working together now; but at this stage in development
(December, 2015 for my display, plus JAWS 17), you must close and restart
JAWS once the computer boots up, unless you are using the blue tooth
connection.  Also, there is currently no way to select words, lines, etc.
when editing on the BrailleEdge with JAWS.  You can only select an entire
document. NVDA is no better in regard to editing.  HIMS says WindowEyes
works a lot better, but I haven't tried it.