[Trainer-Talk] Helping iDEVICE-using students get organized

Greg Aikens gaikens at cviga.org
Tue Sep 20 19:13:06 UTC 2016

Hi Debee,
Good question. My initial inclination is to agree with you that these tasks are much easier on a computer, be it Mac or Windows and that students should learn how to use a computer. However, technology continues to trend toward mobile computing and more and more is possible on these devices.

I think many of the skills you describe can be applied to your students' cloud based storage system of choice. Could you help students learn how to organize their files and resources into different folders in their Dropbox, Google Drive, or One Drive? These systems have all been integrated into IOS so that when you open an attachment, you can choose to send it to Dropbox, etc.

Best,

Greg Aikens
Senior Assistive Technology Instructor
Center for the Visually Impaired
739 West Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-875-9011 ext. 4285

 CVI empowers those with vision loss to live with independence and dignity.