[Trainer-Talk] More on those iDEVICE using students

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Fri Sep 30 20:54:01 UTC 2016

Sorry, these days at least in California Rehab is more of a joke. There really aren't any good places that train people unless you happen to live right near the Braille Institute in L.A. or the Lighthouse in San Francisco. In high school students are mainstreamed enough that they get little specialized access technology training.

Also many of the special ed teachers, like access technology teachers are generalists. If you happen to have a talent for computers, or parents who have the talent you might figure out how to use a screen reader on your own or with family help. But the special ed and access technology folks I've worked with tend to teach JAWS with a list of keyboard shortcuts they can refer to.