[Trainer-Talk] ATE Project - Training 50 Folks to use Virtual Assistants

Nate Kile heavens4real at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:51:13 UTC 2017

Thanks for the share.

-----Original Message-----
From: Trainer-Talk [mailto:trainer-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Tech Center via Trainer-Talk
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 5:43 AM
To: List for teachers and trainers of adaptive technology
<trainer-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Tech Center <newvisiontechcenter at gmail.com>
Subject: [Trainer-Talk] ATE Project - Training 50 Folks to use Virtual
Assistants

Howdy Gang,
Thought I'd let you know my Non-Proift recently received a $21k grant to buy
50 Amazon Echo's or Google Homes and train and setup them up for folks. The
grant is kind of broad focusing on the 55 and older community in our local
community (so no referrals needed unless you're in the Roanoke Valley area).
But much of our Non-Profit's Blind and Low-Vision base falls into that
category so hopefully many of my current students can go through the
program. Just thought I'd let ya'll know. Amazon seems to be in the lead
right now as far a function and accessibility.
Here's a link about our program. Thought some of you might be interested in
something similar for your area or if you have an AT related question or
hurridle you hit you know somebody else is in the trenches with you.

ATE Grant
http://newvisionroa.org/news/new-vision-awarded-ate-grant/

Program Brochure
http://newvisionroa.org/news/ate-program-brochure/

Rock on!
--

David Ward
Assistive Technology Instructor at New Vision (Formerly Voice of the Blue