[Trainer-Talk] Using NVDA with K-12 students

Mabry, Jessie Jessie.Mabry at ct.gov
Mon May 1 15:32:06 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I am interested in hearing from any of you who train children using NVDA and/or Jaws. I'd like to hear your opinions on the advantages or disadvantages of using NVDA, rather than Jaws, in educational settings when it comes to, for example, teachability, use with on-line textbooks or standardized tests, verbosity in Office applications, etc. I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,

Jessie Mabry
Assistive Technologist, Children's Services Division
Department of Rehabilitation Services
Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind
184 Windsor Ave.
Windsor, CT  06095
Phone: 860-602-4185
Fax: 860-706-1403