[Trainer-Talk] Changes to MSOutlook 2016

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:59:27 UTC 2017

Good morning,

Does anyone know if MS Outlook 2016 has made some recent changes?  I'm
setting up a new computer for a student, and when I loaded Outlook 2016, it
came up with a very different way of setting up email accounts.  Right away,
it automatically assumed that I wanted to install an Outlook.com account,
and when I kind of fumbled my way through the choices until I got to where I
chose to add my account manually, I tried adding a gmail account, which was
ready to go from gmail's standpoint regarding the third party thing.

It seemed to give me the imap settings, and when I entered the password, it
told me that something went wrong and gave me options, none of which were
"cancel."

Anyway, I'm wondering if something happened to the program that changed
settings, and if I'm going to have to do anything new or different when
setting up accounts.

I have Outlook 2016 on one of my personal laptops, and I had absolutely no
problems setting anything up, because it was the same layout as previous
versions of Outlook.

Thoughts or help?