[Trainer-Talk] For Users of JAWS Fwd: [Leasey] Our Christmas Gift to Leasey Users. Version 4.02 Build 5 is Available!

David Goldfield david.goldfield at outlook.com
Thu Dec 20 22:17:08 UTC 2018

Brian Hartgen released a new update to Leasey, which is a third-party addon which provides additional functionality to the JAWS screen reader. One feature which was added was something which I requested regarding spell checking within Word. This newest update gives you specific hotkeys to move the cursor to the next or previous misspelled word and to the next or previous grammatical error. JAWS can currently do this but the virtual cursor needs to be enabled first. Once the cursor is at the word you wish to edit you must then turn the virtual cursor off before you can begin editing. Window-Eyes contained the ability to move the cursor to the next or previous error without first needing to toggle browse mode on and off and I never understood why JAWS never offered such a feature. I requested the feature addition to Brian and it is now added!

Another new feature is the option of having ascending tones to indicate progress bar announcements. This is similar to what NVDA offers and to what Window-Eyes offered but the feature has been somewhat enhanced with some additional functionality. This was another feature I requested/see the below message for more details.