[Trainer-Talk] Open office andJAWS

Brad Hodges Brad.hodges at outlook.com
Thu Feb 15 21:59:15 UTC 2018

Nancy and all:

The current and most mature version of that project is now called Libre
Office, www.libreoffice.org.

Version 6 was just introduced earlier in the week. I do know that some
work has been taking place to make it work with NVDA. I don't know about
JAWS.

Jim Gamage in the UK has created many articles demonstrating using Libre
Office with NVDA. They can be found at talkingcomputers.org.uk.

I have a friend who is a publisher and it is his only office suite, and
he has absolutely no issues with MS Word compatibility.

Best,

Brad