[Trainer-Talk] Very frustrated in training a newbie on iPhone

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:15:00 UTC 2018

I hardly post on here, but as mentiond to you guys before, I'm a tech
instructor here in my area (though I haven't taken any formal classes on
the subject, but I love technology, and because of my Educational
Psychology major I'm confident this combo would be apt for this path);
also it's important to work on whatever is available for us the blind
here in Mexico! Anyway I'm starting with a 46-year-old newby to the
iPhone, and got the questions of

Is there some sort of an established lesson plan for teaching the iphone
I could follow? I taught him during our first meeting the basics of
left&right flicks and double-tap gestures to interact with the phone
screen, and left him homework to practice with; imagine to what degree
that he was recommended use Siri for everything? I mean it amazes me how
ignorant people are really!

When it comes times to teaching gestures, what's the best method for
this? I tried hand over hand, but kind of felt weird (don't know if it's
how we were seated or) so what's the best way to teach gestures? The
sighted wife was there with us, thus she saw what I was doing, and she
taught him, but it's not the same it feels like to me.

Lastly he's really ahving a hard time with the Pass code, and /or the
Finger-print reader; I plan to deactivate these while he gets used to
how it works.

So what would be the next steps? I plan to teach him next how to type on
the keyboard, which I set up as Touch typing (where you look for the
letter and lift up to type it)

Thanks for any tips you guys might have; it's getting very frustrating
to be honest with this first experience!. But I'm the type never to give
up. It makes me mad how ignorant people are: imagine the phone was used,
and it was never formatted back to factory settings, thus today I plan
to restore it and set it up as new. Thanks again for any tips/tricks.
I'm liking teaching one on one, but as I mentioned it's getting frustrating!

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird