[Trainer-Talk] Help with HoverCam

Greg Aikens gaikens at cviga.org
Tue Mar 6 14:45:20 UTC 2018

Hello all,
Upon the recommendation of several other instructors, our lab picked up some of the HoverCam Solo 5s for use as a document camera style OCR solution. I really like the camera when it is working, but I've had the hardest time getting the camera to communicate consistently with our OCR software, TextCloner Pro.

I know that the HoverCam software needs to be open for TextClonerPro to be able to see the camera but I think there is some setting that needs to be set in order to be able to use it as a TWAIN scanner. I can't recall which setting this was and the software itself does not seem accessible.

Has anyone out on the list had success with the HoverCam as an OCR solution? If so, would you please reach out to me?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Aikens
Senior Assistive Technology Instructor