[Trainer-Talk] Questions regarding JAWS and NVDA

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Thu May 10 15:17:14 UTC 2018

Jim et al:

I think JAWS is still widely used, particularly by businesses, but the gap between it and NVDA continues to narrow. There is no real reliable data out there, the only thing is the WebAim survey done every year or year and a half -- and it can be gamed, as we saw with the one done a couple years ago.

I think that any serious user needs to be able to use two screen reading programs.  There isn't a program that will work in all situations with all browsers.  Each has strengths and weaknesses.

And, yes, I think we are seeing NVDA increasingly used at colleges and universities.

Dave

David Andrews | Chief Technology Officer
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave West, Suite 240, St. Paul MN 55114
Direct: 651-539-2294
Web | Twitter | Facebook