[Trainer-Talk] Advice for a young student

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu Oct 4 20:52:39 UTC 2018

First, I would begin teaching the student touch typing. I like either
Typability or Talking Typing Teacher. Both have levels for young children.
Typability uses JAWS for speech and teaches some basic JAWS commands.

I use a Braille display connected to the computer. This allows my students
to create documents in Word, Excel and PPT, edit them and turn them in
using Google Classroom or e-mail.

Teaching children is very different from teaching adults. The techniques
are different. Good luck.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053