[Trainer-Talk] Preferred OCR software recommendation

Barbara Johnson xchange45 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:04:06 UTC 2019

Thank you for your interesting observations.
I have not found Recognize with JAWS to be more accurate than OpenBook, but
I'd like to know what kinds of documents you were scanning when you got
those results.  I was scanning a bill, sent as an "empty" PDF document.
In terms of robust reliability, I still find OpenBook an excellent go-to
program for scanning textbooks and other hard copy reading.