[Trainer-Talk] Braille display options small and less expensive

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 12 23:34:12 UTC 2019

Humberto,

Yes, I saw the Orbit Reader a while back. Its a good crisp display and has familiar thumb keys.
I suppose it would work. I assume it can pair with IOS devices and a pc; maybe not at the same time, but can do this separately.

Marianne, what features are on it and is it user friendly? I wonder the extent of the word processor. I know its primarily a braille display. Can you type in contracted braille and convert that to Word? I would guess not.
Does the Orbit reader read .RTF files and text pdfs? I know it reads brf files and I think docx.
I hope it reads Daisy files too since bookshare files are that format. I do not use bookshare yet but plan to.
 And, thanks for the heads up about the wait time.
Thanks.

Ashley