[Trainer-Talk] Braille display options small and less expensive

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 22:14:53 UTC 2019

Trey,
Thanks for reminding me of the Humanware option. I'd rather have an 18 cell display or 20 cell display since these 12 and 14 cells fit so little on them.
I'm surprised more companies do not make 20 cell displays.

I found out that the Braille Me is limited in file formats.
Does anyone know how you convert Word files to brf or brl files? This is what the Braille Me needs and same for Orbit Reader 20.
I have Openbook and Jaws and thought one of these may be of help. Also, I could update my Duxbury which should probably do this as well but I'm not sure what type of braille Duxbury translates to by default.

Can you search for text on the Braille Me and Orbit reader?

Its too bad the Refreshabraille 18 is no longer made.

Thanks.

Ashley