[Trainer-Talk] Refreshable braille display search

Patricia Cocklin patricia.cocklin at jessamine.kyschools.us
Fri Mar 15 19:18:06 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I am teaching braille to an adult student that has hand tremors. We're
looking for some options that would mitigate some of the effects of the
tremors upon her reading fluency and would like to try a refreshable
braille display. We've tried an Apex, but because she is unable to use a
light touch, she pushes the pins down and it ends up being more difficult
than low tech options. Does anyone know of a refreshable display that has
pins that don't push down easily or at all? Thanks for your help!
Tricia

--

"Your beliefs about a student will impact how you support and work with
that student."