[Trainer-Talk] Looking for a Specialized Headset

Snow, Amy L. (IT) amy.snow at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Wed Aug 26 14:04:45 UTC 2020

Good morning!

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out...I received the request below from a work colleague so she can both listen to virtual instruction and hear her screen reader.  I know what she is asking for, but no idea how to find it.  Can someone send me a link or more information that may help me find this item?

"Is there a way to get a headset that can have one earbud designated solely to JAWS while the other earbud is designated solely to whoever I may be talking to? I haven't a clue as to the name of these kinds of headsets. I know they are used by blind/visually impaired people who work in call centers.  My concern with the headsets given to me is that whenever I am using the keyboard in any capacity, JAWS will talk over anyone else talking in the classroom. With the duel functioning headset, I can listen to JAWS and anyone talking at the same time without JAWS talking over anyone."

Thanks so much for any help you can give!
Amy