[Trainer-Talk] suggestions for sighted coworkers interested in learning Braille

Yvonne Guzman yvonne.guzman at austinlighthouse.org
Tue Dec 22 19:28:56 UTC 2020

Good afternoon,
I hope everyone is planning to have a safe and happy holiday.
I work as a trainer at my local lighthouse for our distribution services. I train VI/blind employees. But I have had a few of our sighted employees who are interested to learn Braille. I have mentioned that there may be apps to teach the basic alphabet. But they're wanting something that may be a bit more challenging.
Are there any courses that I can direct them to? Or maybe print outs I can find and pass out to those who are just curious to learn basic Braille?
Thanks in advance, and happy holidays.

Yvonne Guzman
Distribution Services Trainer
Yvonne.guzman at austinlighthouse.org<mailto:Yvonne.guzman at austinlighthouse.org>