[Trainer-Talk] Outlook or Gmail, and which Gmail?

Dean Martineau topdot at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:20:16 UTC 2020

Thank you for writing to the list. I look forward to any help I can get with the Gmail Standard interface. I haven’t figured out the rhythm of using it. I use JAWS, so does my student. That may be part of the problem. She uses Chrome, which wasn’t the browser the help document I read suggested, but I can’t imagine why not.

I haven’t figured out how to methodically deal with mail. I go to a message. When I press X to select, JAWS announces ‘not selected’ no matter how often I press it. The help document said to press shift+tab to get to options for dealing with the selected message, but it usually doesn’t work. So I feel ignorant and incompetent, and can’t teach this yet. The student wants to stick with the web interface rather than switching to Outlook. I will study the help document more and probably write to Google Accessibility Support, but this isn’t effortless.

Thanks again.

Dean