[Trainer-Talk] Looking for Accessible E-Fax Option

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Sat May 16 17:50:33 UTC 2020

Sharonda wrote:

"I am looking for an accessible option for me to electronically (from my
computer) send/receive faxed information. I don't want to have to find a
Staples or Office Max. I wanna send/receive faxes from my home.
Does anyone have any ideas?"

Your best bet is to TAKE A HARD LOOK at the various online electronic fax
options out there in the wild and choose the one that you find most
appealing.  Before doing that, it may be necessary to determine how many
faxes you are most likely to send/receive on a monthly basis; this is
because knowing this truly determine your price point.

J2 Global appears to have cornered this market so well.  It owns most of the
companies that provide the sort of service you're thinking of.  Examples of
E-Fax service providers include, but not limited to:  efax.com,
metrofax.com, myfax.com, nextiva.com, fax.plus, etc.

Received faxes will come straight into your E-mail (or a designated E-mail
address) inbox as an attachment.  For the most part, these attachments come
as .PDF documents, but some of the online fax service providers do allow
.doc/.docx too.  You will need to PERFORM OCR on all received faxes before
you can read them; however, if you have ENOUGH RESIDUAL VISION to read
printed materials, this may not be necessary. How you send faxes will be
clearly described by the service provider you choose on its website and
other documents that will come your way once you sign up for service.

Some of the service providers will let you get a phone number in your area
code, others provide toll-free vanity numbers which can add to the
OUT-OF-POCKET cost.

Additionally, today's technology has ALL-IN-ONE PRINTERS that incorporate
Copy, Scan, Fax and Print into their product offerings.  Some of these toys
will let you send a fax directly from your computer, or place documents that
need to be faxed in the printer, then go back to your computer to issue the
SEND FAX command.  Canon, HP and several other printer manufacturers have a
number of these out there for the grab.  Of course, to use any one of these
ALL-IN-ONE toys, you will need either a regular phone line, or a vO/IP
service that supports faxing!

Not sure if the foregoing is somewhat helpful; that said, I'll be glad to
answer questions either in this space or privately.  Thanks for sticking
with me if you read this far!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado     files,