[Trainer-Talk] From Brian Hartgen: Zoom Scripts Updated to Build 24

David Goldfield david.goldfield at outlook.com
Tue Sep 29 13:03:10 UTC 2020

The following message was sent by Brian Hartgen to the support list for
his Zoom Professional scripts <http://www.hartgen.org/zoompro>for users
of JAWS. This announcement specifically addresses new features and
changes to the Zoom Professional scripts
<http://www.hartgen.org/zoompro>and not the free scripts which are
preinstalled with JAWS 2020 and the JAWS 2021 beta.

Please note that the above links will take you to a page on the Hartgen
Consultancy Web site where you can read more about Brian's scripts as
well as purchase them. In my opinion they are well worth the investment
if you are a JAWS or Fusion user and if you use Zoom on a fairly regular
basis.

Here is his announcement.

Hi to all

The Zoom scripts have been updated to build 24, available via the link
if you select Hotkey Help.

The documentation has been slightly rearranged and updated.

Please note that if you install the product afresh, you will be on build
23. Because of the slightly intrusive nature of these sound alerts, I
wanted to ensure you could revert back to the older build if necessary.
I am just being cautious. If anything arises, I can return to this next
week.

Here are the changes:

When scheduling a meeting, and following entry of the meeting title,
pressing Insert+Up Arrow should now report the correct name without
having to Tab away from the control and Shift+Tab back to it.

Added sounds for when a person's hand is lowered or when audio is
unmuted in the Participants List.

Speech is less verbose when selecting an application or view you wish to
share.

Keystrokes for Zoom Phone have been removed as they are no longer
necessary. Keystrokes can be modified or applied globally in Zoom's
Settings dialogue.

When in Settings, and you reach the option relating to suppressing
noise, JAWS no longer reads extraneous information.

Brian Hartgen

Hartgen Consultancy.

Our usual opening Hours are 9 AM to 5 PM UK time, Monday to Friday.

Telephone (in the UK) 02921-051325.

Telephone (in the United States of America) 239-256-7779.

Telephone (from any other country) +442921-051325.

Visit our website for more information!
<http://www.hartgenconsultancy.com./>

Follow us on Twitter, HartgenConsult.

Like our Facebook Page. <http://www.facebook.com/hartgenconsult>