[Trainer-Talk] Research on reading speed with Braille displays

Dean Martineau topdot at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:52:59 UTC 2021

I read of a study once that suggested that the shorter line actually
increases speed. I can't recall where it was. I know I was sure I wouldn't
want a 20-cell display, and now that
I've had one for some time, I don't think I want anything longer; I
definitely don't like a 40 any more.

Using regular expressions, there are often ways to remove some or all of the
line breaks caused by made-for-paper documents, if one wants to go to the
trouble.