[Trainer-Talk] Using Messages app on Mac

kg 6sxy (kg6sxy) kg6sxy at gmail.com
Sat May 29 02:05:50 UTC 2021

Hello Ned,

I'd be happy to help.  I use VoiceOver with Messages all the time.

Using your VO-Modifier-Keys which defaults to control+option:
- VO-Keys+LeftArrow to move between the search field, conversation list, splitter, To: identifier, messages, applications, messages edit box, record voice, etc. to pick the list of conversations.
- VO-Keys+Shift+DownArrow to enter the list of conversations.
- VO-Keys+LeftArrow or VO-Keys+RightArrow to move through the list of conversations until you land on the one you want.
- VO-Keys+Space to open the conversation.
- VO-Keys+Shift+UpArrow to go back to the conversation list.
- VO-Keys+LeftArrow until you reach messages.
- VO-Keys+Shift+DownArrow to enter the message list.
- VO-Keys+LeftArrow or VO-Keys+RightArrow to navigate up and down the messages.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you run into any problems.

Take care,
Tony