[Trainer-Talk] Chromebook's and screen readers

JASON ALAMILLO leadershipjba at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 20:55:22 UTC 2022

Hello everyone. I have a client that is going to a school in North Carolina, virtually of course, for a masters in assistive technology. Her professor is asking that the students get chrome books to learn how to use them and so they can work with them. She has asked me to help her find the best Chromebook’s from 500 to 600 dollars. So my question to you all is: What is the best Chromebook you can recommend for the cost of $500 or $600? Second, I know that these computers, whether they are from Samsung or any other company, come with a software known as Chrome Vox, does that software work for blind individuals? And if not, how do software products like JAWS and NVDA work on Chromebook’s? I want to recommend the best product for my client to do her school work and any other work that she has to do. I would appreciate any help you can all give me. Thank you so much.