[Trainer-Talk] Reversing what function keys do on Apple Magic Keyboard

richardfox1 at comcast.net richardfox1 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 02:03:07 UTC 2022

Hello all,

I have a student who uses an Apple Magic Keyboard with a Windows computer.
His function keys, when used by themselves, change settings such as screen
brightness and volume. IN order to use F1-F12, he must press the Globe key
with the function keys. How can I reverse this, so he doesn't have to use
the Globe key with F4 to get the traditional F4 function? All I could find
on the Internet involved changing preference settings on a Mac, which my
student is not using. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Rick Fox, Owner and Instructor
B&F Teaching & Technology
973-641-5067