[Trainer-Talk] password manager

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Tue Sep 6 13:02:14 UTC 2022

1Password is my current favorite and go to manager. It works perfect with
windows, mac, ios, and android. It also has support for other platforms not
listed. It is relatively inexpensive depending on whether you purchase for
just yourself or for a family. It will allow for storing your login
information for an unlimited number of sites, but it will also allow for
other types of encrypted and secure storage like credit cards, secure
notes, licenses, software codes, etc. It also has an identity filler for
websites. So if you will be entering information into a website to sign up
for a new service you can use the manager to automatically fill in your
name, email address, physical address, etc. The same is true for credit
card entry. If you are in a website and you need to purchase something by
entering a credit card number in, you can use the manager to automatically
fill this in for you. When you use the manager with your browser, it is
best to disable the browsers password, address, and payment information so
that it is completely managed by the manager itself. If all you want to do
is have a manager to look up your information without any of the automated
entry, this is possible as well. For example, you can have your vaults
stored on your phone to look up information you need and manually enter it
into your windows computer. You can do this in reverse if you like. All in
all, completely flexible and completely accessible.
--
Raul Gallegos - President
National Association of Guide Dog Users
346-439-7444 | RGallegos at nagdu.org