[Trainer-Talk] Accessible Event Registration and Management Platforms - Experience with Cvent Administrative and Design Functions?

Mika Pyyhkala Mika.Pyyhkala at envisionus.com
Thu Jun 8 15:07:27 UTC 2023

Hi,

We are trying to setup in person and other types of events, and I
wanted to find out if anyone knows about accessible event management
platforms.

I just took a look at Cvent, and it looks like there may be
accessibility issues with the features you use to do the back end
design and administration of the event. For instance, setting up the
web page and
associated fields that the attendee that is registering would see and
fill out.

It appears to heavily rely on drag and drop for these functions.

Also several years ago I used Eventbrite. I remember we had to revert
to an older classic template in order to make the pages more
accessible, and sometimes I would have to call Eventbright to have
them manually perform certain operations on my events which I was
setting up or configuring that would be
difficult or impossible using a screen reader.

Has anyone used or looked at the design parts of these systems. Our
company officially uses Cvent at present though if its truly not
accessible it may be that at least our department would switch to a more
accessible platform. I believe that the attendee parts of Cvent are more accessible than the admin parts of the system.

If any of you have had similar issues with Cvent please report here on the list or privately message me. We plan to bring up the accessibility of the administration and design process directly with Cvent.

As an example, myself, I could not figure out how to add or edit attendee questions. In looking at the documented instructions, it seems like a highly visual process:
https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Adding-Flex-Event-Questions

Best,
Mika Pyyhkala
Mika.pyyhkala at envisionus.com<mailto:Mika.pyyhkala at envisionus.com>
pyyhkala at gmail.com

​
Mika Pyyhkala
Dir. of Digital Accessibility - BVI Workforce Innovation Center
Envision, Inc.
610 N. Main St.
Wichita, Kansas
67203
Direct: 316-440-1573
Mobile: 617-308-1114
www.envisionus.com

​Envision Mission: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

​NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.
​