[Trainer-Talk] braille sense 6 and Netflix

Brian Vogel britechguy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 00:10:28 UTC 2023

Sarah,

Although the following article dates from 2017, it may be something you can
try, but in reverse, to turn off automatic enabling of audio description.

*Cool Blind Tech: How to Fix Issue with Audio-Description on Netflix After
the Latest Update
<https://coolblindtech.com/how-to-fix-issue-with-audio-description-on-netflix-after-the-latest-update/>*

I suspect this is Netflix checking the device on which things are running,
and assuming that if it's a braille display that audio description would be
wanted by default.  I don't know whether there's a way for them to
interrogate whether a screen reader is in use under iOS or in the website,
which is why I presume it's not on by default in either of those cases.

Brian