[Travelandtourism] accessibility on Royal Caribbean Cruiselines for the Blind

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 22 14:09:03 UTC 2009

Upon going for my next certification which is the Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines I have come across the accessibility on the cruises:

Here they are:

Accessibilities

Thanks to our multi-million dollar access project to upgrade and
enhance the Royal Caribbean International product, discovering and exploring the world are things that everyone can enjoy.

including shore excursion advice, onboard facilities, and special equipment requests.

Here are some of the enhancements featured onboard our ships:

Mobility
Our spacious corridors allow 180 degree turns for wheelchairs.

Accessible Stateroom Features

Stateroom and bathroom door width 32 - 34" (varies by ship)
No door sill to get into the stateroom
Ramped bathroom thresholds
Bathroom grab bars
Lowered sink and vanity
Roll-in showers, fold-down shower stool, hand-held shower heads, raised toilet seat
Lowered closet bars
Refrigerator in stateroom (upon request)
Accessible balconies (in select categories)
Lowered safes for easy access (on most ships)

Services Provided

Early boarding
Cruise transfers with specialized van lift
Boarding and departure assistance
Scooter access
Hydraulic lifts for one pool and one Jacuzzi throughout the fleet
Accessible tender system on selected ships and ports
Accessible blackjack tables
Accessible Guest Relations desk - for special equipment,
assistance at the pier requests, and information on accessible shore excursions

AIDS FOR THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED

Braille and large-print menus
Guide dogs allowed onboard
Braille/tactile signage and elevator buttons
Daily Cruise Compasses (activities on board) available in Braille upon request

AIDS FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED

Sign language interpreters upon request (60 days notice)
TTY/TTD text telephone telecommunication device for the hearing impaired, and Alertmaster alarm clock
Amplified telephones in staterooms and public areas
Closed-captioned televisions and videos produced by Royal Caribbean International

So if you ever wondered about cruising. Let me know and I can make a reservation for you.

Cheryl Echevarria
Echevarriatravel.com
One on One Travel Agent!  I Make Your Vacation Dreams Come True!

1-866-580-5574
Reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:Reservations at echevarriatravel.com>