[Travelandtourism] Best of the Canyonlands 2009

ShilohsTravel info at shilohstravel.com
Sat May 9 19:52:50 UTC 2009

US 7 day tour for September sponsored by Shiloh's Travel.  Includes two
nights Las Vagus.  $1199.00 per person. Please forward where ever
appropriate.

Best of the Canyonlands 2009
Day 1 - Arrive Denver
Welcome to Denver, nicknamed the "Mile-High City!"Denver is a vibrant city
with 300 days of annual sunshine and the breathtaking Rocky Mountains as its
backdrop. A complimentary transfer is provided to the Trafalgar hotel. Your
Tour Director is at the hotel this evening to welcome you and answer your
questions. Join us at 6:00pm for a Welcome Reception at the hotel.

Hotel: Sheraton Denver Hotel

Day 2 - Denver - Vail - Arches National Park - Moab
Today's spectacular journey takes us west and up into the heart of the
Rockies. Climbing over Independence Pass Scenic Drive,we cross the
Continental Divide and travel through areas that epitomize the grandeur of
classic mountain scenery. We arrive at picturesque and fashionable Vail, one
of America's most popular mountain resorts.There is time to wander Vail
Village's quaint pedestrian alleys lined with chalets,boutiques and
galleries.Fromhere,we join the Colorado River, following its path through
more spectacular Rockies scenery. As we continue eastwards and enter the
state of Utah, the landscape changes to stunning red rock landscapes.We
visit Arches National Park, home to more than 2,000 natural sandstone
arches, such as the world-famous Delicate Arch. Enjoy enchanting vistas and
ample photo opportunities of red rock canyons, balancing rocks and unusual
rock formations. The extraordinary features of the park create a landscape
of contrasting colors and textures that is unlike any other in the world.
Later we arrive in the nearby town of Moab where you have the option of a
cowboy-style dinner followed by a unique sound and light boat ride down the
Colorado River. (Full breakfast)

Hotel: Ramada Inn

Day 3 - Moab - Mesa Verde National Park - Kayenta
Our journey today takes us deep into breathtaking Native American lands.This
morning's highlight is a visit to the ruins of Mesa Verde National Park, a
UNESCO World Heritage Site protecting 4000 known archeological sites
including 600 cliff dwellings, built between the 6th and 12th century. We
tour some of the well-preserved cliff dwellings on the top of the Mesa Verde
Plateau and view the imposing cliff dwellings built right into the canyon
walls, some comprising more than 100 rooms. There is time to visit the
museum depicting the story of the Ancestral Pueblo people who once lived and
thrived on this 8,000-foot plateau, and get an insight into their daily
lives. As we continue exploring the park, we enjoy photo stops including
superb views of the Cliff Palace from a great vantage point.This afternoon
our Tour Director shares a Hidden Treasure with us before we arrive in
Kayenta, in the heart of the Navajo Reservation. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)

Hotel: Holiday Inn Kayenta

Day 4 - Kayenta - Monument Valley - Grand Canyon National Park
Today we drive to awe-inspiring Monument Valley, a landscape made famous
when director John Ford began filming movies here.We set out with a local
guide in special vehicles to explore the major highlights of this unusual
and inspiring landscape. Visit some famous movie sites used as backdrops for
western films and marvel at the dramatic buttes and mesas of this incredible
terrain. Later we travel through the scenic Painted Desert and stop at
Historic Cameron Trading Post, a showplace of fine Native American and
Southwestern Art.We then arrive at Grand Canyon National Park, the world's
most spectacular gorge, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. A
powerful and inspiring landscape, the Grand Canyon overwhelms the senses
with its immense size.We enter the park from the East Entrance and drive
along the scenic Desert View Drive.We stop at Desert View Lookout for
spectacular views before arriving at
Grand Canyon Village where we overnight, right inside the park, surrounded
by pinion and juniper woodlands! There is time to take in the canyon's
beautiful scenery on your own, before joining your Tour Director for a walk
along the rim at sunset.Witness the effects of the sunset as the sun paints
the canyon walls in warm yellows, golds and reds contrasting with deep
dancing shadows and silhouettes. This evening we get together for our
specialty dinner inside this wonder of Mother Nature. (Full breakfast /
Highlight Dinner)

Hotel: National Park Lodges

Day 5 - Grand Canyon - Las Vegas (2 nights)
Early risers won't want to miss sunrise over the canyon before breakfast!
Optional flightseeing tours by helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft are
available for the experience of a lifetime with spectacular bird's eye views
of the canyon. Heading west toward Nevada, we drive along parts of famous
Route 66, also
known as the "Mother Road." En route we stop at two iconic posts along Route
66 - Seligman and Kingman, two delightful towns which retain all the flavor
of the old road. Later we cross the Colorado River, skirt the riverside city
of Laughlin and head for Las Vegas for a two-night stay in this mecca of
entertainment, gambling and jet set glamour. Bid farewell to your Tour
Director and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to discover all this
incredible city has to offer! (Full Breakfast)

Hotel: Las Vegas Hilton

Day 6 - Las Vegas at leisure
Spend a full day on your own and enjoy the many activities available.
Perhaps delight in a round of golf, an hour by the pool, go shopping at the
exclusive Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace, or try your luck with the
"one-armed bandit" or any other game of chance.This evening perhaps stroll
along the fabled Strip and enjoy pirates sinking a galleon at Treasure
Island, water fountains performing a musical ballet at the Bellagio, and a
spectacular light show changing the color of the "Lake of Dreams" at the
Wynn Hotel. (Full Breakfast)

Day 7 - Depart Las Vegas
Bid farewell to Las Vegas as your vacation comes to an end. A complimentary
transfer is provided to Las Vegas International Airport. (Full Breakfast)

Shiloh's travel:
http://www.shilohstravel.com
Email:
reservations at shilohstravel.com