[Travelandtourism] [Bulk] Re: Travel packages for the blind

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 10 13:36:55 UTC 2009

Good morning everyone,

    During last year's NFB of Missouri Convention a woman from a similar
travel agency spoke about her company and how they "Reach out" to disabled
travelers. She spoke glowingly of how her outfit "Provides high-quality
service to disabled travelers." She went on to tell us about their escort
service and how she can arrange for escorts to assist blind and other
travelers with disabilities on all legs of their trip never once indicating
that she believed that some of us may not want the "Red carpet" treatment
that included a visit with the queen of England, butlers and servants to
"Take care of our needs" etc for the amazing low price of $2000.00 while
sighted travelers paid far less. No one who heard her presentation was
impressed with her kind of "Door-to-door" service provided to disabled
travelers. I wonder if the agency we're discussing is the same outfit?

Peter Donahue