[Travelandtourism] NCL ACCESSIBILITY POLICY

Wendy David wendydav at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 31 00:43:44 UTC 2009

Actually, this is what they say but not what we found them doing, in our
case. We had 4 large dog guides, who were expected to share 2 very tiny
boxes. They were indoors, in a crew area, at the top of a stair case. One of
us almost fell down the stairs the first day. They did not change the boxes
at all, as they said they had nothing else to put in them. The boxes smelled
terribly after the second day, due to the fact that 4 dogs urinating 5 times
a day each, and in an enclosed area with no ventilation, did not create a
nice atmosphere.  The dogs finally refused to go in the boxes and we were
afraid they might start having accidents, which thank goodness only happened
once.  NCL said they would not move the boxes outdoors because it might
offend the other passengers. They also said there was nothing they could do
about changing the boxes.  After holding a meeting with the general manager,
some mulch miraculously appeared and the boxes were changed on the next to
last day.  All in all, it made for a very stressful trip. Letters were
written to the company after the fact, but the company reiterated their
policy and said that they were sure the crew did everything in their power
to accommodate us.  Personally, if I were one of the passengers in a nearby
room, that smell in the hallway would have offended me more than a box
outside in the fresh air.
Wendy