[Travelandtourism] Intro of New Member: Jewel

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 22:07:12 UTC 2010

Thanks for the welcome. Cheryl has already been of such great help
looking into packages. I know we will have a vabulous time both at
Disney and at the convention. Anyone else on here planning to do
Disney World the week before the convention? That's when we plan on
doing it, so I'm not exhausted by the convention before we get to
Disney. My friend Lusi and her daughter are planning on going to
Disney, too, but I'm not sure if they are going before or after the
convetion. I just think it's too good of a location to pass up going
to Disney at the same time as being there for the convention!

The last time I went was the Millenium celebration in 1999. I went
with my family (I was 14), and we were there from December 23 to
December 29. My parents decided that we were *not* going to be there
for New Year's because the crazies were already starting to come out
by the 29th, so they made the plans to exclude New Year.

The last time Mike (my boydfriend) went was in 1989, with his now-ex
wife. He said it was very hard for him, because his wife (who has
severe cerebral palsy) did not want to leave the room much of the
time, but he wanted to go out and about, and she complained if he went
out without her...so, hopefully this trip will be much more enjoyable
for him. Mike, however, was a lucky kid, getting to go to Disney World
in November of 1971 (when he was 6 years old), a month after it opened
to the public in October of 1971. So, the 40th anniversary is as much
a celebration of the 40 years of his life since then as it is a
celebration of Disney World's life! *grin*

As you can see, we are very excited. We just have so much to keep in
mind. Mike and I are both legally blind, and I have almost no
functional vision. He is also diabetic and has ADHD and dyslexia, and
I am also physically impaired, having an undiagnosed-of-yet physical
condition that leaves me exhausted much of the time and in great pain
just from standing or taking steps, not to mention if I attempt to sit
without back support. I am hoping to have a guide/service dog by then,
and will be renting a wheelchair if I do not have my own by then. I
never realized how complicated a vacation can be with so many
disabilities to keep in mind, not to mention Mike's and my allergies,
my aversion to loud noises and crowds, and his aversion to spinning
motions and photosensitivity, oh not to mention my photosensitive
epilepsy...*sigh* So much to keep track of!

So, I wanna hear about people's past trips and future plans for Disney
trips! *grin* Share! That's an order (just kidding).

~Jewel