[Travelandtourism] Amtrak

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 11:45:36 UTC 2010

Best place to sit with dog is in the luggage area, we usually do this when
we travel to state convention from Penn Station with our guide dog users,
where there is a lot of room, I know don't tell them when booking, but
Amtrak has been very very good to me, okay that is my sammy sosa impression,
when they see all of us coming there is usually 3 guide dogs and the
conductors ask if we would like to put the dogs in the car for the
handicapped, we go there because if there are no wheelchairs on the train,
we put the dogs right in front of us and there is plenty of room.  So if you
when booking amtrak and you let them know you are disabled you do get a
discount and that you use a guide dog, you will have the option of sitting
in this car, nothing wrong with saving some money and have some extra room,
if there is no space for the dog, we take off the harness and there is the
same amount of room as in on an airplane.

The dogs fit.

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant
C10-10646