[Travelandtourism] Amtrak

sharon howerton shrnhow at att.net
Fri Apr 23 14:28:34 UTC 2010

Deanna,
I checked out Amtrak a few years ago to travel with my dog and didn't end up
doing this, but there is a way to reserve as a person with a disability and
there is a special car or something for us. A friend of mine traveled this
way back and forth from Washington state to Chicago, I think she got on in
Seattle,  and though she doesn't have a guide dog, she is definitely
visually impaired and said it worked well. Someone was designated to help
the passengers get meals and things like that.
Good luck.
Sharon