[Travelandtourism] Do you live in New Orleans well this story is for your

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:57:26 UTC 2010

>From Travel Weekly

Another win for the Port of New Orleans
By: Johanna Jainchill
April 23, 2010

Royal Caribbean International's entrance into the New Orleans cruise market
in 2011 is the third by a major cruise line in recent months.

Norwegian Cruise Line recently announced that it would shift from seasonal
to year-round New Orleans cruises beginning this November. In late 2009,
Carnival Cruise Lines replaced the Carnival Fantasy with the larger Carnival
Triumph for its New Orleans program.

Royal Caribbean said yesterday that the 3,114-passenger Voyager of the Seas
will be based in New Orleans for the 2011-12 winter season. The Voyager will
become the largest cruise ship to homeport in the Crescent City, the Port of
New Orleans said.

The port said that the Voyager will mean an additional 165,000 cruise
passengers per year for New Orleans, on its 24 calls between November 2011
and April 2012.

Royal Caribbean has committed to New Orleans for the 2012-13 winter cruise
season, as well. Plus, the port said the cruise line will have three
one-year options to continue calling there.

Royal Caribbean pulled out of New Orleans three years ago in the aftermath
of Hurricane Katrina. The line returned for one season, from December 2006
to April 2007.

"This is like being reunited with an old friend and a trusted business
partner," Port of New Orleans CEO Gary LaGrange said in a statement. "We
never gave up hope that we could lure Royal Caribbean back to New Orleans,
and we continued to keep company officials up to date on the opportunities
available here."

Remember you don't have to fly to Florida to go on a cruise.

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant
C10-10646

http://Echevarriatravel.com